What is the AC plug? I may need to think for a while to give you an accurate answer. We use it together with the electrical device every day. An AC plug is a portable electrical connection with 2-3 metal prongs, which is typically located in a shielded electrical outlet. It’s normally connected with the AC wall outlet.
The enclosed grip covering on the AC plug is for us to plug in and out from a power outlet. An insulated cable delivers power from the plug to the gadget.
Types of AC Plugs
There are various types of AC plugs. I will list most of them in this article.
AC Plug Type
USA, Canada, Mexico & Japan
USA, Canada, Mexico & Japan
Europe, South America & Asia
France, Belgium, Poland, Slovakia & Czech
Europe & Russia, exclude for UK & Ireland
UK, Ireland, Malta, Malaysia & Singapore
Australia, New Zealand, China & Argentina
Switzerland, Liechtenstein & Rwanda
Denmark & Greenland
Italy & Chile
For more information about the AC plug types for different countries, please kindly check the full list or contact us.
Power Adapter AC Plugs
For the Power adapters, there’re 2 types equipped with AC plugs: Wall bricks and Desktop power adapters.
The AC plugs for the wall bricks are fixed on the cover, 4 types of AC plugs are usually used: Type A, Type C, Type G and Type I 2 pins. The interchangeable AC plug is also available for the wall mounted power adapters now, which is super convenient for the universal demand in different countries and areas.
The desktop power adapters connect with the AC plugs by a cable, the connection between them is called AC pole, there’re 3 types of AC poles usually used in the market:
- C8 inlet 2pins, no earth contact, meet for appliance Class II, suitable for domestic audio, video, radio equipment and doubly insulated power supplies.
- C14 inlet 3pins, earth contact, meet for appliance Class I, commonly used on personal computers and peripherals.
- C6 inlet 3pins, earth contact, meet for appliance Class I, suitable for many small switched-mode power supplies used for laptops.
Advantages of the AC plug
Rather than overusing electricity, it should only be utilized as necessary. Having a proper supply of current flowing through the electrical equipment is critical to the efficient use of electrical resources. AC plugs and sockets should be utilized for specific electrical devices to get the necessary power.
These plugs and sockets deliver AC power to the electrical devices. This means that the plug, cable, and socket all have a role in the electrical connection. Let’s discuss the advantage of the AC plug as below.
1. It is best for High-Level Appliances: These AC plugs are often used for high-level appliances, primarily used in factories that require higher power than the usual power used at home. After much research, I have concluded that the plugs will assist industries in operation, so breakdown or frequent repairs can be avoided and managed.
2. It has a rigid Wire Architecture: The AC plugs and sockets share certain similarities in their design, construction and materials. They are resistant to corrosion, allowing the machine to run at total capacity. An innovative element of both appliances is the inclusion of a bike, which helps safeguard the appliances’ electrical current and output.
3. It is superior: When compared to connecting cables and bare wires, it is clear that plugs and sockets are significantly more secure. Compared with other company supplies, they’re also more affordable. Appliances are protected by this circuit breaker when they are in use.
4. Competitive: Compared to other wires and cables, it is not expensive.
5. Convenient: Simple to set up, easy to work with, durable, and long-lasting.
6. Safe: Whenever you experience an unusually high electric current flow through the electronic components, it will serve as a circuit breaker. As a result, it helps keep your appliances and properties secure.
How to select the right Power Adapter AC plug
This is a question, I will show 2 tips for this:
1.Confirm where you’d like to use/sell the power adapter, for me, as I live in China, Type A is my best choice.
2. If the business is for worldwide or traveling worldwide frequently, the interchangeable AC plug is better.
An AC Plug allows you to charge your gadgets at home, at work, or anywhere else that has an electrical outlet. The majority of devices come with their own AC adaptor, which can be damaged over time due to wear and tear or physical stress. Several companies provide products and gadgets with varying characteristics that require varied power supply ranges to charge their batteries.
When replacing their plug, most individuals merely look to see if the pins on the AC adapter match the pins on their gadgets. However, because the ratings for each brand of adapter vary, this might cause irreversible harm to your gadgets, if need help, ask the professor or vendor.